Clermont City Council seat terms are for two years and are staggered with Seats 1, 3 and 5 up for election in even years and Seats 2 and 4 in odd years.
Election Qualifying for Seats 1,3 and 5 will open on June 13, 2022 at noon and close on June 17, 2022 at noon. If more than two candidates qualify for one seat, a Primary Election will be held on August 23, 2022. General Election will be held on November 8, 2022.
City of Clermont Precincts
Clermont City Center, 620 W. Montrose St.
Kings Ridge Clubhouse, 1900 Kings Ridge Blvd.
Legends Clubhouse, 1690 Legendary Blvd.
Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive
Family Christian Center, 2500 S. U.S. Highway 27
Summit Greens Clubhouse, 1190 Summit Greens Blvd.
Heritage Hills Clubhouse, 3195 Heritage Hills Blvd.
Clermont Arts and Recreation Center, 3700 S. U.S. Highway 27
Clermont Baptist Church, 16115 Old Highway 50
Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository Form DS-DE9 must be filed first with the City Clerk before opening a campaign account and accepting contributions and/or expending funds tied to a campaign account for public office. Once the campaign account is open, the petition is provided to the candidate to collect signatures.
Residency Requirement: A candidate shall be a qualified elector of the City for a minimum of eighteen (18) months prior to the date of qualification as a candidate.
Register to Vote
Registration cards are available in the City Clerk’s office at City Hall and the Supervisor of Elections office in Tavares.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is my Qualifying Officer?
Your Qualifying Officer is City Clerk Tracy Ackroyd Howe, MMC. She can be reached at THowe@clermontfl.org or (352) 241-7330.
When do I file my Qualifying Papers?
Election Qualifying for Seats 1,3 and 5 will open on June 13, 2022 at noon and close on June 17, 2022 at noon.
What forms do I file?
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository (Form DS-DE9)
- Statement of Candidate (Form DS-DE84) - Stating that you have received, read and understand the requirements of Chapter 106, Florida Statutes
- Loyalty Oath for Candidates for Public Office/Oath of Candidate (DS-DE 24B)
- Petition - The Petition must contain signatures of at least 25 registered voters in the City of Clermont and must be filed in a sufficient amount of time to allow the Petition to be certified by the Supervisor of Elections Office prior to the end of the Qualifying Period.
- Financial Disclosure Form (CE Form 1) (F.S. 99.061 (4) and 112.3145)
What fees are paid at time of qualifying?
A Campaign Account Check is made payable to the City of Clermont for a State Election Assessment fee of 1 percent of the annual salary of the position. (F.S. 99.093)
Where do I file my Qualifying Papers?
City Clerk's Office
Clermont City Hall
685 W. Montrose Street
Clermont, FL 34711
What are the Council Term Limits?
Clermont City Council Members and the Mayor are limited to four consecutive two-year terms. The voters approved this charter amendment in November 2019 to become effective in 2020.