The City Clerk is appointed by and serves under the direction of the City Manager. The Clerk’s office provides an array of services to the public, City Manager, Council and staff.
The City Clerk's office provides assistance with the following:
- Qualifying officer for candidates who wish to contend for the office of Mayor and City Council.
- Prepares the agendas for all meetings and workshops of the City Council, the CRA, Fire and Police Pension Boards.
- Records management and retention of all official records in compliance with state law; serves as the City’s Records Management Liaison Officer with the State of Florida Department of State.
- Processes all official City records requests in compliance with Florida Public Records Law (F.S. Ch. 119).
- Manages Oak Hill Cemetery sales and records
- Submits City Council approved annexations, vacations, easements, deeds, liens, utility and developer agreements for recording.
- Attends, records, transcribes, scans and indexes minutes of the City Council meetings.
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of supplemental updates of the City Charter, Code of Ordinances, and Land Development Code.
- Custodian of the City Seal with the authority to execute and emboss documents to authenticate the validity of city records.
- Administers oaths, which includes the induction of Council Members.
- Serves as the Financial Disclosure Coordinator with the State of Florida Commission on Ethics.
This is a search tool providing citizens with access to search City of Clermont Meeting Minutes, Resolutions, Ordinances, Agreements and Conditional Use Permits. To log in type in weblink as the username and weblink as the password. For questions, please call the City Clerk's office at (352) 241-7330.
Municode (City Code)
Click on the link to view the City of Clermont Code of Ordinances (Municode). Code Books are also available in the City Clerk's office to view.
The City's present charter was adopted in 1962.
Lake County Supervisor of Elections Office administers voter registration. As a convenience, voter registration mail-in forms are available in the City Clerk’s office. Applications can also be obtained online - Florida Dept of State.
- Florida Association of City Clerks
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks
- Florida Records Management Association
- Florida Notary Association