How to Hire a Police Detail
Extra Duty Detail Information and Pay Schedules
To Schedule a Detail
- Contact the Extra Duty Employment Coordinator (EDEC) at 352-536-8490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information on how to hire an officer for an extra-duty detail.
- We require 5 days' notice to schedule an officer for an extra duty detail. Less than 5 days' notice will result in an additional charge.
- The Clermont Police Department's regular detail rate is $52.00 per hour, per officer. There may be additional hourly surcharges as follows:
- $10 per hour on city observed holidays
- $5 per hour for a supervisor
- $5 per hour for last minute requests (less than 5 days' notice)
- The Clermont Police Department reserves the right to charge an additional admin fee for the administration of large or complex requests.
- The Clermont Police Department utilizes http://www.detailkommander.com to administer extra duty details. Vendors may choose from 2 payment methods, Credit Card or ACH/eCheck (electronic check). The Clermont Police Department does not accept cash, paper checks, or money orders as payment. Payment information must be on file prior to scheduling a detail, however it will not be charged until after the services are provided. A 6% service fee is added to the invoice for ACH/eCheck transactions. A 7% service fee is added for credit/debit card transactions.
Cancellation of Details
- To cancel a detail, a segment of a detail, or rescheduling requires 24-hour notification prior to detail start time. Failure to meet this requirement will incur a 4-hour minimum charge per officer scheduled.
- Cancellations can be made by calling the EDEC at 352-536-8490 from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday, or electronically via the Detail Kommander system.
- After hours and weekend cancellations can be made by contacting the on duty supervisor via our dispatch at 352-343-2101.