Clermont is an award-winning city named one of the Top 20 Cities in America and the Best Central Florida City to Live In!
AN ACCREDITED LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY:
The Clermont Police Department is accredited by the Commission for Law Enforcement Accreditation (CFA). We underwent our assessment for reaccreditation July 21-23, 2020, and should go before the CFA board the week of October 12, 2020.
The mission of the Clermont Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Clermont by working cooperatively with the community to enforce the law, prevent crime, and reduce fear.
We will perform our duties with incontestable integrity and honor, always conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain public trust. We will be an effective and efficient deterrent to crime in Clermont, united in our effort to make our City a better place to live and work. We will be a Department that carries out its responsibilities in a caring and courteous manner, always mindful of the dignity and human rights of all individuals. We will be a model law enforcement agency, accredited by the State. We are committed to rewarding our employees for creativity, hard work, and being responsive to the needs of our community. We will treat our employees and our citizens with dignity and respect, continually striving to meet their needs. We will operate with fiscal prudence as we effectively manage our resources, while providing the highest level of service and protection to our citizens.
DEPARTMENT CORE VALUES:
- Courage: Not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it. Bravery to face danger.
- Honor: To bring credit to the profession of law enforcement by maintaining an excellent reputation and good standing.
- Integrity: The standard of always doing the right thing. Being honest and having strong moral principles.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all we do by using the highest level of skill and ethical judgment.
- Service Above Self: Service above our own self-interests.