The City of Clermont Environmental Services Department provides sanitation, water service, wastewater collection and treatment services in addition to reclaimed water production and distribution services to our utility customers.
The City of Clermont Environmental Services Department service area covers 63 square miles and includes about 230 miles of water lines, 210 miles of sewer lines, 48 miles of stormwater lines, 70 lift stations, eight wells and one wastewater treatment plant.
The City of Clermont Environmental Services Department:
- Provides water, wastewater, and reuse service to utility customers
- Installs, maintains, and repairs water meters
- Installs and repairs water and wastewater pipelines
- Operates and maintains water wells, wastewater lift stations, and the wastewater treatment plants
- Oversees the Cross Connection Control Program and the Grease and Oil Control Program
The mission of the Environmental Services Department is to be a model utility provider by providing high quality drinking water and dependable service to all of our customers in a financially responsible fashion.
Important Contact Information
To report a water or sewer problem call Utilities at (352) 241-0178. After hours, call Utilities at (352) 241-0178 and select option 3 for the Emergency Only answering service.
For utilities locate information, contact Sunshine State One-Call of Florida at 811 or http://www.sunshine811.com/.
Security is everyone’s responsibility. We all must work together to help protect our utilities. If you see anything suspicious, such as vehicles not marked as City of Clermont or police around any of the City’s wells, water towers, or lift stations, please contact the police department at 911. Also, notify the police department if you see anyone putting anything into a manhole, the sewer, or a fire hydrant.
Please refer to the links below for more on how you can help protect our utilities.
- Water Security and You
- Water Watchers Brochure
- Drinking Water Security poster
For more information on water security visit:
Report an Environmental Crime
On your cell phone dial #DEP. Callers can also report environmental crimes to the Environmental Crimes Hotline at the State Warning Point by calling 1-877-272-8335 or 1-877-2-SAVE-FL. The Florida Department of Environmental Protection needs your help safeguarding our environment.
Crimes such as illegal plant harvesting, improper or illegal disposal of hazardous waste, and indicators of possible environmental crimes include:
- Containers or drums that appear to be abandoned, especially if they are corroded or leaking.
- Discolored, stressed or dying plants.
- Visible sheens on the ground or in the water.
- Foul smelling or strange looking emissions in the air.
Citizens should also be aware of odd activities, such as:
- A truck dumping materials into a manhole or sewer drain.
- A truck unloading drums at odd hours or in odd places.
- A person burying drums on business or residential property.
LATEST MEDIA RELEASES:
- 2016 Plant Excellence Award
- Current Water Shortage Warning
- Recycler of the Month - May 2017
- Recycler of the Month - June 2017
- Recycler of the Month - August 2017