Planning & Development
Planning and Development has two divisions to serve you:
Planning and Development Services is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing requests for rezoning, future land use map amendments, future land use text amendments, and variances to the code.
- Reviewing conditional use permits, sign permits and single-family residential development requests.
- Participating in the development-review process and commenting on development permits, Developments of Regional Impact (DRI's), Planned Unit Developments, subdivision plans, site plans, conditional use permits, landscape plans, annexations and right of way/easement abandonment.
- Revising existing and developing new Land Development Regulations to implement the goals and objectives of the Comprehensive Plan and the directives of the City Council.
- Assisting property owners and the development community and providing coordination between Lake County and local and state agencies.
- Implementing development regulations, commonly referred to as the zoning code, which includes the list of permitted and conditional uses within individual zoning districts, building setbacks, parking, landscaping and signage requirements.
- Handling site plan review for commercial sites.
Contact BuildingServices at Inspection@ClermontFL.org for questions regarding:
- Tree removal permits
- Impact fees
Lake County Roads