Building Services Division
Effective Jan. 1, 2018, the City of Clermont will be operating under the 6th Edition (2017) Florida Building Code. All plans submitted after Monday, Jan. 1 must meet or exceed the updated code and all plans must include the statement “Plans conform to the 6th Edition (2017) FBC.
Building Services is responsible by Florida Statutes for building plan review and building inspections within the City of Clermont. The plan review and inspection functions include all commercial and residential construction plan reviews, inspections of these structures while under construction, and the tracking and permitting of the construction process. Building Services may also disseminate building code information and ADA Standards.
For additional information like consumer information and help finding a licensed contrator, please visit The Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA). Please note that the City of Clermont is not responsible for the content of this third-party website.
To Obtain a Building Permit
Effective January 1, 2018 all permit applications must be sufficient and complete. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Please refer to the following check-lists to ensure submittal sufficiency.
Development Services issues a zoning clearance and reviews site plans before proceeding with review of a building permit application.
To begin the permitting process, submit your completed permit application package to Development Services for review or submit online. For guidance in completing the package, see Permit Application Checklist in the forms section.
Online Permitting (submit online)
Current Codes Enforced
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Building, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Residential, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Existing Building, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Plumbing, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Mechanical, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Energy Conservation, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Fuel Gas, Sixth Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code—Accessibility, Sixth Edition
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code—2014 Edition
- 2017 Florida Fire Prevention Code—Sixth Edition with Amendments
Any current state licensed contractor may obtain a building permit in the City of Clermont. (Certified contractors must be licensed by the State of Florida, and registered contractors must be licensed by Lake County.) For each permit, all contractors must submit a copy of their state or local license (as applicable), proof of worker's compensation or worker's compensation exemption, and liability insurance.
Current fees, including planning and development fees, building fees, impact fees, construction related fire department fees, and re-inspection fees, can be found by clicking on the link above.
Forms and Building Information
The forms and building information listed below may be downloaded (simply click on the link provided), completed and returned to Building Services.
- Qualifier Online Registration Form 2020
- Minimum Requirements for Commercial Plans Review 2018
- Building Permit Application 2020
- Notice of Commencement 2020
- Owner-Builder Statement 2020
- Statewide Product Approval Forms 2020
- Pool Notice of Requirements 2020
- Permit Extension Request 2020
- Permit Extension Request (print version) 2020
- Re-submittal Cover Sheet 2020
- Building Services - Power of Attorney 2020
- Window and Door Inspection Affidavit 2020
- Demolition Affidavit 2020
- Utility Service Request Form 2020
- Permit Extensions, Renewals and Cancelation 2020
- Owner-Builder Information 2015
- Commercial Permitting 2015
- Pre-power Request Document 2020
- Re-Roof Affidavit 2020
- Commercial Building Permit Checklist 2020
- Permit Extension Request 2020
- Residential Commercial Electronic Submittal Process 2018
- How To Use ETrakit 2018
- Permit Type Descriptions 2018
- Use of Private Provider Policy 2020
- BCEGS Employee Sheet 2020