Building Services Division
Effective Jan. 1, 2018, the City of Clermont will be operating under the 6th Edition (2017) Florida Building Code. All plans submitted after Monday, Jan. 1 must meet or exceed the updated code and all plans must include the statement “Plans conform to the 6th Edition (2017) FBC.
Building Services is responsible by Florida Statutes for building plan review and building inspections within the City of Clermont. The plan review and inspection functions include all commercial and residential construction plan reviews, inspections of these structures while under construction, and the tracking and permitting of the construction process. Building Services may also disseminate building code information and ADA Standards.
To Obtain a Building Permit
Effective January 1, 2018 all permit applications must be sufficient and complete. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Please refer to the following check-lists to ensure submittal sufficiency.
Development Services issues a zoning clearance and reviews site plans before proceeding with review of a building permit application.
To begin the permitting process, submit your completed permit application package to Development Services for review or submit online. For guidance in completing the package, see Permit Application Checklist in the forms section.
Online Permitting (submit online)
Current Codes Enforced
- Florida Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas, Residential, and Existing Building Codes
- National Electric Code, Abatement of Unsafe Building Code
- National Fire Prevention Code
- Any City Ordinance or State Statute which affects building and development
Any current state licensed contractor may obtain a building permit in the City of Clermont. (Certified contractors must be licensed by the State of Florida, and registered contractors must be licensed by Lake County.) For each permit, all contractors must submit a copy of their state or local license (as applicable), proof of worker's compensation or worker's compensation exemption, and liability insurance.
Current fees, including planning and development fees, building fees, impact fees, construction related fire department fees, and re-inspection fees, can be found by clicking on the link above. Please note that the City is undertaking a fees study this year and anticipates adopting a new fee schedule in late 2015.
Forms and Building Information
The forms and building information listed below may be downloaded (simply click on the link provided), completed and returned to Building Services.
- Minimum Requirements for Commercial Plans Review (02/12/2018)
- Building Permit Application (09/12/2015)
- Building Permit Checklist (01/09/2018)
- Notice of Commencement
- Owner-Builder Statement
- Statewide Product Approval Forms (02/02/2015)
- Pool Notice of Requirements (02/02/2015)
- Permit Extension Request (02/02/2015)
- Re-submittal Cover Sheet (02/12/2018)
- Building Services - Power of Attorney (09/12/2014)
- Window and Door Inspection Affidavit (02/02/2015)
- Demolition Affidavit
- Utility Service Request Form
- Permit Extensions, Renewals and Cancelation (02/02/2015)
- Owner-Builder Information (02/02/2015)
- Pool Requirements (02/02/2015)
- Commercial Permitting (02/02/2015)
- Pre-power Request Document
- Notice to Contractor Roof Affidavit (01/17/2018)
- Commercial Building Permit Checklist (01/09/2018)
- Permit Extension Request