With the addition of a new Building Services Division this year, the Planning & Zoning Department is taking on a new name: Development Services.
Development Services has four
divisions to serve you:
- Building Services Division (includes Online Permitting)
- Code Enforcement Division
- Planning Division (includes Development Review)
- Zoning Division (includes Business Tax)
Development Services is responsible for the following:
- Permitting of all development within the City of Clermont.
- Reviewing requests for rezoning, future land use map amendments, future land use text amendments, and variances to the code.
- Reviewing conditional use permits, sign permits and single-family residential development requests.
- Participating in the development-review process and commenting on development permits, Developments of Regional Impact (DRI's), Planned Unit Developments, subdivision plans, site plans, conditional use permits, landscape plans, annexations and right of way/easement abandonment.
- Revising existing and developing new Land Development Regulations to implement the goals and objectives of the Comprehensive Plan and the directives of the City Council.
- Assisting property owners and the development community and providing coordination between Lake County and local and state agencies.
- Accepting and issuing City Local Business Tax Receipts.
- Implementing development regulations, commonly referred to as the zoning code, which includes the list of permitted and conditional uses within individual zoning districts, building setbacks, parking, landscaping and signage requirements.
- Handling site plan review for residential and commercial sites.
Contact Development Services for questions regarding:
- Tree removal permits
- Impact fees
2018-2019 Residential Projects