Building Services Division
Effective December 31 2020, the City of Clermont will be operating under the 7th Edition (2020) Florida Building Code. All plans submitted after December 30, 2020 must meet or exceed the updated code and all plans must include the statement “Plans conform to the 7th Edition (2020) FBC.
Building Services is responsible by Florida Statutes for building plan review and building inspections within the City of Clermont. The plan review and inspection functions include all commercial and residential construction plan reviews, inspections of these structures while under construction, and the tracking and permitting of the construction process. Building Services may also disseminate building code information and ADA Standards.
For additional information like consumer information and help finding a licensed contrator, please visit The Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA). Please note that the City of Clermont is not responsible for the content of this third-party website.
To Obtain a Building Permit
Permit applications must be sufficient and complete. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Please refer to the following check-lists to ensure submittal sufficiency.
Building Services will review site plans for compliance before proceeding with review of a building permit application and plans.
To begin the permitting process, submit your completed permit application package to Building Services for review or submit online. For guidance in completing the package, see Permit Application Checklist in the forms section.
Online Permitting (submit online)
Current Codes Enforced effective December 31, 2020
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Building, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Residential, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Existing Building, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Plumbing, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Mechanical, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Energy Conservation, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Fuel Gas, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code—Accessibility, 7th Edition
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code—2017 Edition
- 2020 Florida Fire Prevention Code—7th Edition
Any current state licensed contractor may obtain a building permit in the City of Clermont. (Certified contractors must be licensed by the State of Florida, and registered contractors must be licensed by Lake County.) For each permit, all contractors must submit a copy of their state or local license (as applicable), proof of worker's compensation or worker's compensation exemption, and liability insurance (Naming the City of Clermont as the Certification Holder).
- Contractors must also fill out the Qualifier Registration Form to access the online system.
- This form can be found here. The fee for a new contractor is $35.00.
- Please email your license and insurance information along with the Qualifier Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current fees, including planning and development fees, building fees, impact fees, construction related fire department fees, and re-inspection fees, can be found by clicking on the link above.
Forms and Building Information
The forms and building information listed below may be downloaded by clicking on the provided links:
- Blower Door Test Form 2021
- Building Permit Application Process and Checklist Packet 2022
- Building Permit and Inspection Utilization Report Fiscal Year 2020/2021
- Qualifier Online Registration Form 2021
- Minimum Requirements for Commercial Plans Review 2018
- Building Permit Application 2022
- Notice of Commencement 2020
- Owner-Builder Statement 2020
- Statewide Product Approval Forms 2020
- Pool Notice of Requirements 2020
- Permit Extension Request 2021
- Re-submittal Cover Sheet 2021
- Building Services - Power of Attorney 2020
- Window and Door Inspection Affidavit 2020
- Demolition Affidavit 2021
- Utility Service Request Form 2021
- Permit Extensions, Renewals and Cancelation 2020
- Owner-Builder Information 2015
- Commercial Permitting 2015
- Pre-power Request Document 2020
- Re-Roof Affidavit 2021
- Commercial Building Permit Checklist 2020
- How To Use ETrakit 2018
- Permit Type Descriptions 2018
- Use of Private Provider Policy 2020
- BCEGS Employee Sheet 2020
- Tree Removal Permit Application 2020
- Product Approval Form 2020
- Temporary Structure Permit, Open Air Sales Permit or Special Event Application & Instructions 2020
- Meter Request Procedures 2021