Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
The Downtown Clermont Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) was created on May 27, 1997 through the adoption of Resolution No. 950 by the City Council of the City of Clermont.
The City Council is the duly elected governmental body of the City of Clermont and is designated as the Redevelopment Agency per Florida Statutes. The City Council which consists of five (5) members appoints two (2) additional persons to serve as members of the Community Redevelopment Agency.
- Champions for Business
- Commonly Asked Business Development Questions (English)
- Commonly Asked Business Development Questions (Spanish)
- CRA Restaurant Food Service Grant Information FY2018
- Commercial Enhancement CRA Grant FY2018 Information
- CRA Incentives Grant Application FY2018
Commercial Enhancement Grant
Purpose and Program:
The Commercial Enhancement Grant Program is designed to provide a financial incentive to help facilitate the exterior improvement of existing commercial properties within the City of Clermont Community Redevelopment Area specifically along State Road 50. Commercial property along State Road 50 within the Clermont Community Redevelopment Area may qualify for up to $20,000 with a 50% match by the applicant. Any grants greater than $10,000 shall be for high impact projects, which represent private investments of greater than $500,000. The property must be located along SR50 within the CRA are that potentially contribute to the increase in taxable value. The grant is a matching, reimbursable grant providing commercial property owners/tenants with a more visually appealing property. Eligible improvements include:
- Decorative exterior façade improvements
- Exterior doors and windows
- Exterior lighting
- Patio deck connecting to the building
- Exterior wall repairs stucco, brick or wood repairs and replacement
- ADA improvements
- Signage upgrades for existing business excluding business copy
- Roof repair/replacement
- New construction may qualify if it involves demolishing existing blighted building
Restaurant and Food Service Grant
- The Restaurant Incentive Program is intended to attract food-related service providers, restaurateurs and specialty food providers to relocate or establish another location in Downtown or help an existing food related business to expand services that will result in additional products/services and extended hours of operation.
- The Food-Related Services Incentive Program offers up to $15,000 in dollar-for-dollar matching funds to assist in establishing or upgrading food-related businesses in the City of Clermont Community Redevelopment Area. Matching funds are a grant that can be used to offset the cost of eligible improvements necessary to establish and operate a food service or restaurant business.
Arts and Culture Grant
- Intended to expand the mission of enhancing community redevelopment through the cultivation of the arts, promoting the relationship between the arts and community revitalization.
- These funds can support non-profit organizations hosting events within the CRA area for: youth educational programs, public children’s concert or theater series, public art displays and events that promote youth engagement.
- Annual Report Fiscal Year ending 9/30/18
- Annual Report Fiscal Year ending 9/30/17
- Annual Report Fiscal Year ending 9/30/16
- Annual Report Fiscal Year ending 9/30/15
- Annual Report Fiscal Year ending 9/30/14
CRA Redevelopment Plan ~ 2015