Clermont Community Garden
Thank You for Voting!!
The Clermont Arts and Recreation Center has been selected as one of two winning projects in the "Perk Your Park" contest sponsored by Niagara Bottling in partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA).
The contest is an initiative that focuses on park and community revitalization across the country. Thanks to a generous grant from Niagara Bottling, the Clermont community will now have a new way to connect with the outdoors! Soon you will start to see big changes at the Clermont Arts and Recreation Center.
Construction has begun on the Clermont Community Garden stay tuned on the city website and Facebook for updates on the garden's progress.
Benefits of Building a Community Garden
Community gardens provide multiple benefits to the community and its gardeners by:
- Promoting and supporting local, nutritious food production
- Providing a place to garden
- Fostering a sense of community
- Encouraging social interaction
- Reducing family food budgets
- Conserving resources
- Creating opportunity for recreation, exercise and education
Are you interested in volunteering or attending Community Garden events? Let us know via our online form.
For more details, please contact the Facility Manager at the Clermont Arts and Recreation Center, Suzanne O'Shea via email, or 352-708-5998.
How to Participate?
You can now rent a Raised Garden Bed or Hydroponic Tower !
For $30 per year (Jan. 1 - Dec. 15) you can rent your own individual garden bed or hydroponic garden tower. The fee includes access to water, but does not include dirt or other planting materials. You may plant as you wish while abiding to the garden's rules. So how do you sign up?
1. Contact at (352)708-5998 or firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the availability
3. Staff will review and email an invoice with payment instructions. Payment is required within 5 days.
Check out an aerial view of the garden here!