Effective December 31, 2020, the City of Clermont will operate under the 7th Edition (2020) Florida Building Code. All plans submitted after December 30, 2020, must meet or exceed the updated code, and all plans must include the statement "Plans conform to the 7th Edition (2020) FBC.
Building Services is responsible by Florida Statutes for building plan review and building inspections within the City of Clermont. The plan review and inspection functions include all commercial and residential construction plan reviews, inspections of these structures while under construction, and the tracking and permitting of the construction process. Building Services may also disseminate building code information and ADA Standards.
For information like consumer information and help finding a licensed contractor, please visit The Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA). Please note that the City of Clermont is not responsible for the content of this third-party website.
To Obtain a Building Permit
Permit applications must be sufficient and complete. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Please refer to the following checklists to ensure submittal sufficiency.
Building Services will review site plans for compliance before proceeding with the review of a building permit application and plans.
To begin the permitting process, submit your completed permit application package to Building Services for review or submit it online. For guidance in completing the package, see Permit Application Checklist in the forms section.
Online Permitting (submit online)
Current Codes Enforced effective December 31, 2020
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Building, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Residential, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Existing Building, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Plumbing, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Mechanical, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Energy Conservation, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Fuel Gas, 7th Edition
- 2020 Florida Building Code-Accessibility, 7th Edition
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code-2017 Edition
- 2020 Florida Fire Prevention Code-7th Edition
Any current state-licensed contractor may obtain a building permit in the City of Clermont. (Certified contractors must be licensed by the State of Florida, and Lake County must license registered contractors.) For each permit, all contractors must submit a copy of their state or local license (as applicable), proof of worker's compensation or worker's compensation exemption, and liability insurance (Naming the City of Clermont as the Certification Holder).
Contractors must also fill out the Qualifier Registration Form to access the online system.
This form can be found here. The fee for a new contractor is $35.
Please email your license and insurance information along with the Qualifier Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current fees, including planning and development fees, building fees, impact fees, construction-related fire department fees, and re-inspection fees, can be found by clicking on the link above.
Forms and Building Information
The forms and building information listed may be downloaded.
- Blower Door Test (PDF)
- Building Permit And Inspection Utilization Report (PDF)
- Building Permit Packet (PDF)
- Qualifier Registration Form (PDF)
- Minimum Requirements For Commercial Plans Review 2018 (PDF)
- Building Permit Application 2020 (PDF)
- Notice Of Commencement 2020 (PDF)
- Owner Builder Statement 2020 (PDF)
- Product Approval Form 2020 (PDF)
- Pool Notice Of Requirements 2020 (PDF)
- Permit Exten Req 2021 (PDF)
- Resubmittal Cover Sheet 2021 (PDF)
- Building Services Power Of Attorney 2020 (PDF)
- Window Door Affidavit 2020 (PDF)
- Affidavit Of Requirements For Demolition Of Structures 2021 (PDF)
- Utility Service Request Form 2021 (PDF)
- Permitting Extensions Renewals And Cancellations 2020 (PDF)
- Owner Builder Information (PDF)
- Bldg Commercial Permitting Revised (PDF)
- Pre Power Form 2020 (PDF)
- Re Roof Affidavit 2021v2 (PDF)
- Commercial Building Permit Checklist 2020 (PDF)
- How To Use eTRAKiT (PDF)
- Permit Type Descriptions (PDF)
- Private Provider Policy (PDF)
- BCEGS Employee Sheet (PDF)
- Tree Removal Permit Application 2023 (PDF)
- Product Approval Form 2020 (1) (PDF)
- Temporary Structure Event Open Air Sales Application 2020 (PDF)
- Meter Request Procedures (PDF)